At Strathallan we aim to provide outstanding education, academic, social and extra-curricular elements, which give opportunities for all pupils to excel, developing their ability to benefit themselves and others.
Strathallan School provides an exceptionally wide range of opportunities for personal and social development offered to all young people. – Education Scotland
We believe that giving each pupil a chance to shine in something, gaining experience and confidence to develop their talents along the way, would be beneficial to wider society.
Strathallan School is operating to an excellent standard in relation to ensuring pupils are enabled to make individual choices and that every pupil can be supported to achieve their potential. – Care Scotland
Our location offers pupils every advantage:
- Set in glorious countryside on a site of 153 acres.
- Offering a safe and secure environment for children to grow up and develop.
- Within 10 minutes of the city of Perth
- Glasgow and Edinburgh both within one hour by car
- Stirling and Dundee both within 40 minutes by car
- 40 minutes from the nearest international airport,
- The commute from London Heathrow less than 2 hours
Modern Accommodation and Unrivalled Facilities
- Boarding Houses feature individual study-bedrooms for privacy,
- All boarding houses contain recreational and leisure facilities for socialising and relaxation.
- Wi-Fi internet access throughout the School.
- The Junior House is situated within its own campus, as well as enjoying the facilities of the main School.
- Sport facilities include: AstroTurf pitches, a golf course, a swimming pool, shooting range, a sports centre and numerous indoor and outdoor tennis, netball, hockey and basketball courts
- State-of-the-art dance and drama studio in a contemporary building providing 150 square metres of sprung flooring, a fully mirrored wall equipped with dance barre
With afternoon games five times a week, a choice of 32 different sports, and regular inter-school and inter-House matches, our pupils are kept healthy and active – 83% of our pupils are active in team sports
Education Scotland parent questionnaire
- 96% of parents report that Strathallan helps their child be more confident
- 98% of parents report that their child enjoys learning at school
- 98% of parents believe that their child’s learning is progressing well
- 97% of parents feel staff really know their child as an individual and support them well.
Strathallan School offers a breadth of opportunities to match every interest and ability.
Strathallan is in Perth, set in glorious countryside on a site of 153 acres offering a safe and secure environment for children to grow and develop. The school is within easy reach of the city of Perth and Scotland’s international airports.
Nearest airports: Edinburgh – 35 minutes; Glasgow – 1 hour
Nearest railway stations: Perth – 10 minutes
Why we are different:
- The Junior House is designed to cater for children who wish to enter the School at ages 9 to 13 and is situated within its own campus, as well as enjoying the facilities of the main School. This makes the transition from Junior to Senior very seamless.
- Senior Houses feature individual study-bedrooms for privacy, and common room and leisure facilities for socialising and relaxation.
‘Life is wonderful at Strathallan, and I have made so many friends. The fact that most of the pupils board makes a huge difference to the atmosphere of the School and there is never a dull moment as we have so much to do academically as well as sport, music and activities.’
‘We are convinced that we made the right decision in placing our daughter at Strathallan. The School has been instrumental in her achieving her highest academic potential and ultimately gaining a place at Cambridge, quite apart from having a wonderful time which I know she will look back on with great fondness for the rest of her life.’
‘I am already in love with the School after only my second week. I looked out of my bedroom window this morning and was greeted with the most spectacular views and glorious sunshine. I am in awe of the quality of teaching and can’t believe how much I have learnt… It is no secret that Scotland offers the highest education in the world. I am just delighted that I have been made so welcome and settled in so quickly.’
‘I could not have imagined a better time and one that I will cherish for the rest of my life. I made so many lifelong friends. Scotland is an amazing place and I miss the rolling hills and warm microclimate. Strathallan is an amazing school and I enjoyed every day. From the heart-stressing sport to the academic tests, I loved every moment of it. The teachers are amazing and are a real credit to the School. Everyone at Strath made my time exceptional and I can’t find the words to describe exactly how I feel. Tears fill my eyes as my memories play through my head thinking about my time with everyone… I cannot wait to go back as there is definitely magic there, but I am well prepared to face the challenges ahead and despite wishing I could go back in time and relive it all again I know that I must embrace university life as Strath has taught me to do – embrace and believe!’
Admissions & Fees
Entry to Strathallan is competitive and we believe that every pupil has something to offer and we therefore try to ensure that our applicants have enquiring minds, possess drive, imagination and the energy to make the most of their time here. We encourage parents to visit us if at all possible in order to gain a true understanding of what Strathallan has to offer.
After requestiong a prospectus we hope you will visit but if this is not possible we would be delighted to answer your questions. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please register your son or daughter with us. This can be done via our website or by downloading the Registration Form. Fill it in and return it to us with the registration fee.
This ensures that your son or daughter is on our books formally and we will then apply for a Report, with your permission, from your son or daughter’s current school.
How to apply
Entrance to the Junior House, at age 9, 10, 11 or 12, is by school report and an English and Maths assessment for setting purposes. Senior entrance, at 13+, is through a satisfactory School Report.
Open Mornings offer an ideal opportunity to view the School in action as well as to meet staff and pupils. For more information on our next Open Morning or to register your attendance please register on line or contact email@example.com.
Scholarships and Bursaries
Awards which are normally worth between 10% and 20% of the fees and are made on the basis of competitive examination/assessment. Fee assistance is available to supplement awards for outstanding candidates on a financial need basis.The following scholarships are available:
- Academic Scholarships (Sixth Form (Year 12) mid-November: Third Form (Year 9) end of February: Junior (yr5 to yr8) end of January.
- Sports Awards
- Art Scholarships
- Music/Choral/Pipes & Drums Scholarships
- Design Technology Scholarships
- Performing Arts Scholarships
Means-tested Bursaries are available.
For further information on the above please look at our website.
|Boarding fees per term||£ 7,182 - £10,070|
|Day fees per term||£4,482 - £6,833|
|Deposit||£595 - £4200|